New IT officer needed!
IT Officer is now an elected position, elections will be held at EGM at the beginning of Term 1. Nominations open on 1st November, to apply, contact e9aceulcjn..firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply (and have a good chance of being elected) even if you don't meet the criteria below, but your life will be much easier if you do. With any questions please contact l.ciou.smeciuoiycckts@tu
We are looking for a candidate willing to operate the Society's IT infrastructure, in particular:
- maintain and keep the Music Society website and the UC Opera website up-to-date
- maintain and configure the audition system and provide support for committee members running auditions
- maintain the Society's mailserver and provide support for client configuration
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux, using the command line via SSH in particular
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge of PHP and (My)SQL
- Familiarity with git
- Basic knowledge of mailserver operation, including related protocols and domain name records
- Basic knowledge of how to configure ngnix and apache webservers
- Basic understanding of DNS, SSL certificates and server security
Familiarity with any of the following tools / technologies would be a great advantage:
- Laravel framework
- October CMS
- Twig template engine
- UCL API
- LXD (containers)
- certbot (Let's Encrypt)
- postfix and dovecot
- Ubuntu (and the apt package manager)
- Alpine Linux
Once getting familiar with the system, the job requires relatively few working hours throughout the academic year. You gain the opportunity to potentially boost your CV, while greatly helping the Society and get a large freedom to shape the Society's public image.
To maintain continuity, an ideal candidate would provisionally spend at least 2 years at UCL and in the Music Society, but applications for a single year are also encouraged.