New IT officer needed!
After 4 short years, I'm leaving UCL and thus the unelected position of the Music Society's IT officer will be soon empty. We are looking for a candidate willing to operate the Society's IT infrastructure, in particular:
- maintain and keep the Music Society website and the UC Opera website up-to-date
- maintain and configure the audition system and provide support for committee members running auditions
- maintain the Society's mailserver and provide support for client configuration
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux, using the command line via SSH in particular
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic knowledge of PHP and (My)SQL
- Familiarity with git
- Basic knowledge of mailserver operation, including related protocols and domain name records
- Basic knowledge of how to configure ngnix and apache webservers
- Basic understanding of DNS, SSL certificates and server security
Familiarity with any of the following tools / technologies would be a great advantage:
- Laravel framework
- October CMS
- Twig template engine
- UCL API
- LXD (containers)
- certbot (Let's Encrypt)
- postfix and dovecot
- Ubuntu (and the apt package manager)
- Alpine Linux
Once getting familiar with the system, the job requires relatively few working hours throughout the academic year. You gain the opportunity to potentially boost your CV, while greatly helping the Society and get a large freedom to shape the Society's public image.
To maintain continuity, an ideal candidate would provisionally spend at least 2 years at UCL and in the Music Society, but applications for a single year are also encouraged.
To apply, send your CV focusing on your IT/programming skills to email@example.com. Application deadline: 26th April. If necessary, interviews will be held in the third term. Applications will be judged based entirely on merit by the current IT officer and the new IT officer will be appointed by the current president based on the recommendation of the current IT officer. Handover will take place at a convenient date after 12th June.